[Mageia-i18n] Status of mailing list requests and blog page translations

Marcello Anni marcello.anni at alice.it
Tue Jan 25 20:16:34 CET 2011

> Hi,
>

> 3. Consistency of the blog pages:
>
> We should stick to simple rules to have the blog in a consistent state
> for all languages:
>
> 1. The original page is the english page.
>  - all language pages should resemble the English page (only in the
> respective language)
>
> 2. If you want to enter local / own contents to blog.mageia.org
> (something about a local Mageia event, etc.)
>  - send the text in English to the blog-team
>  - after the blog-team has published the text you can publish it in
> your blog page as well
>  - this way all other pages will know about the entry and publis it, too

i don't agree with this general statement. i think local events/articles
should be inserted only in the related blogs, main events/articles should be
hosted in every version.

> I saw that Marcello has posted a blog entry in the Italian page but I
> don't know what it is about. Marcello, could you please send an
> English version to blog-team.

they are only a few words about the submitting of packages in the repository,
i will let you have soon an english version (in this ml)

> For the sake of spreading news about Mageia we should publish local
> information on all blog pages as well. As example: there are very
> large foreign communities living in Germany (Turkish, Italian,
> Spanish, the occasional Irish and Norwegian, etc.). They will read the
> blog in their language, so they will miss all local information if it
> would be given on the German page only. Same applies to many other
> countries.

i totally disagree, if an italian lives in germany he must know at least the
basis of the language where he lives, so in the german blog he can discover
there is an event near him and if he's interested he could be informed by the
italian team (or via twitter) (e.g. allow comments in foreign language for
these kinds of posts and/or write a few words in the major languages spoken
near the event

> --
> wobo

cheers,