[Mageia-i18n] Urdu reader ?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:46:12 CET 2011

2011/1/26 Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 20:00, Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I was replacing Mandriva with Mageia in the emails headers of
>> indexhtml package. This is used by at least evolution to get the
>> welcome email when you first start it.
>>
>> I was successful on all headers except Hurdu, where the Subject, which
>> should be "Welcome to Mandriva Linux" does not seem to contain the
>> word Mandriva. Same for the To field which should be "Mandriva Users"
>>
>> I will drop the content of the emails as it is quite Mandriva
>> specific, and we will request translations later after writing a nice
>> one, but I thought it would be nice to already have the headers.
>>
>> I may just drop it if no one can help on it :)
>>
>> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/soft/indexhtml/trunk/mail/header-ur?revision=256962&view=markup
>
> Actually the strings come from the po:
>
> #. name appearing in To:
> #: mail/placeholder.h:8
> msgid "Mandriva Users"
> msgstr "ﻡﺎﻧڈﺭیﺏﺍ ﺱﻮﻓٹ ﺎﺴﺗېﻡﺎﻟ ﻙﺮﻧے ﻭﺎﻟے"
>
> #. subject
> #: mail/placeholder.h:10
> msgid "Welcome to Mandriva Linux"
> msgstr "ﻡﺎﻧڈﺭیﺏﺍ ﻻﺀیﻦﻜﺳ ﻡیں ﺥﻮﺷ ﺂﻣﺩیﺩ"
>
> #.
> #: mail/placeholder.h:12
> msgid "Welcome to Mandriva Linux!"
> msgstr "ﻡﺎﻧڈﺭیﺏﺍ ﻻﺀیﻦﻜﺳ ﻡیں ﺥﻮﺷ ﺂﻣﺩیﺩ!"
>
> As I found how the files are generated, I can just drop everything :)

Unfortunately I do not see any entrance for "urdu" in the translator
wiki page. I will mention this issue in the meeting tonight.

We could also try to contact the guy/people who did the Mandriva
translation in this language. But as I see the header does not show
any name/contact info :( Maybe ennael can remember (she committed the
file in 2009).

--
wobo