[Mageia-i18n] About Chinese Simplified Translation Team

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:49:21 CEST 2011

2011/7/12 王liuerfire <liuerfire at hotmail.com>:
> Hello, I'm Xing Wang. I sent emails to the Chinese Simplified Translation
> Members a few days ago, but only
> one person replied me. He said that Chinese Simplified Translation has
> paused for a while. He asked me
> if I can create a Chinese Simplified Translation Team so that he could join
> me.
>
> So I want create a Chinese Simplified Translation Team. Is that OK? Or is
> there any other requirements?

Hi,

Here is an excerpt from wobo's mail[1] when we started to create the
first teams:

"The simple task of this team building process is to organize all the
different language groups, find a way for general discussions,
participate in regular meetings, choose the representatives which will
report to the community council and/or be the contact for the council.
This will be achieved in several steps:

- setting an organisational structure for each language. This will be
done inside each group. The task of the internal groups is to
implement short communication ways inside each language group to
coordinate work for the language in question. This way local
discussions will not clutter the i18n mailing list. Another task may
be to “hire” more people interested in this line of work. There are
many translators out there who would help translating documents but
not so many who woould do the “string work”. We should find ways to
improve this situation :)

- - Each language group can set up their own mailing list or wiki page
(example: French and German) for internal communication. If there is a
necessity to set up a mailing list on the Mageia server pls tell me.
- - Each language group selects 2 “contacts” which may be also the
team leaders but not necessary. These contacts will meet regularly on
IRC - please only one (1) person per language - with the contacts of
other language groups to discuss and report from and to their language
group "

So, you have to gather all you fellow translator (if I understood
correctly, you're only two). Then you must chose a team leader and a
substitute team leader. We can set a mailing list for your team if you
want to, to ease communication between the team members.
When these things are done, you could post a mail about it here so
that we know who are the leaders of your team.

It would be nice if one person from your team could come to the i18n
IRC meetings which are held on a when-needed basis (i.e. when Oliver
posts a mail about it on this ML).

Regards,
Rémi / Akien