[Mageia-i18n] FYI: Mageia 1 celebration in Estonia

Marek Laane bald at smail.ee
Mon Jun 6 00:05:33 CEST 2011

Mageia salutation night in Tallinn

On Saturday, June 4th, almost dozen people were celebrating the very first
release of Mageia in Tallinn, Estonia. Cosy cafe
Mosaiik<http://www.mosaiikcafe.ee/>provided us with big screen for
demonstrations and some food and a great
cream cake specially made for this (see the picture
here<http://mageia.planet.ee/2011/06/mageia-avapeol/>
).
As planned, most important part of the meeting was install fest. That was
total sucess; we did update from Mandriva 2010.0, did install from Live CD
and did clean install, all without problem. Alright, there were some
problems but nothing to do with Mageia - Wi-Fi network we used was quite
unstable causing minor troubles.
Most people attending were profound Mandriva and Mageia users but there were
some knowing both of them just by name (or, in case of Mandriva/Mandrake, by
distant memory). They were positively surprised the infant distribution was
so perfect.
We had planned also to create Estonian Mageia Users Group but, though there
was some talk about it, it didn’t happen yet. Maybe sometimes later... We
all hope Mageia would win more followers in Estonia as it’s profoundly
localized and even provides the package task-esteid which is just essential
in Estonia due to our “omnipotential” and almost ubiquitous electronic ID
card.
You may see a group photo <http://mageia.planet.ee/2011/06/mageia-avapeol/>in
Estonian website specially dedicated to Mageia (as the site is all Estonian,
you may need awfully clumsy but still understandable Google Translate’s
translation<http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=et&sl=et&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmageia.planet.ee%2F2011%2F06%2Fmageia-avapeol%2F>
)