[Mageia-i18n] Any easy way to translate web pages?

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 12:19:41 CEST 2011

2011/6/27 atilla ontas <tarakbumba at gmail.com>:
> Hi. I was long time not around. Recently find spare time to work on
> translations again. So, i' ve missed lots of things. Regarding to web
> stie translations, does any easy way like tx proposed and discussed
> before? I tried to googling but nothing found. The problem is, web
> pages translations harder than gettext translations as we doing it via
> a text editor directlly on html file. There is a high risk to messing
> up  html code while translating. Also, i usually work on translations
> while i was at work, on a Windows machine. As you may know Windows
> programs are not really utf8 encoding friendly, I' m using Notepad++
> for this work. But it is hard to check if i messed up html code. So, i
> need to know if there is a web interface to make web site translations
> and Mageia may use that mechanism like we do in Transifex?

Hi Attila!

As of now, we do not have a Web-based tool dedicated to the website
translations. Still, we do not rely on HTML pages, but on PHP
templates. Most of the website was designed to be internationalised,
and you can find templates for each page.

The templates can be find on the SVN, but not that easily. I will try
to gather them all and I will send them to you. Do you need to
translate every pages, or are there several already translated pages?
Please note that the support and about page can't be translated for
the moment (the PHP templates were not extracted from the HTML page).

Regards,
Rémi / Akien