[Mageia-i18n] About freeze on May 10th

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Sat May 7 00:26:52 CEST 2011

On 7.5.2011 01:11, Marek Laane wrote:

> Ouch! Please use more understandable wording next time! I've thought
> "translation freeze" is something like "message freeze" in KDE -
> developers cannot anymore change visible strings and translators can
> safely work... It would be better say e.g "Last day for translations to
> get in" or something alike.

Yeah, that's a "bug" in our release schedule.

It should really have a string freeze and a separate translations freeze
after so translators could catch up.

Anne, what do you think about setting a date when to do final resync of
translations for RC ? (to give atleast a few days more)

And if we need to update ISO after RC, do we resync translations again
or not?

--
Thomas