[Mageia-i18n] Website to translate

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:46:31 CEST 2011

2011/5/24 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> Hi folks,
>
> web team has some translations for us to do.
>
> Over the last two days, Romain and I created the page
>
> http://www.mageia.org/en/contribute/
>
> that should now be translated.
>
> The translations works similar as with the download page.
>
> There is a php array to be found in
>
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/web/www/trunk/contribute/contribute_locales.php?view=markup
>
> Please create a new "subarray (as I did for the German "de" one. and
> translate the strings.
>
> The following things have to be considered.
>
> All strings before the "=>" are the names of the strings and MUST NOT be
> touched.
>
> If you have to use single quotes ( ' ), you have to escape them (meaning you
> have to write ( \' ) instead - without the brackets of course.
>
> Please try not to destroy the overall syntax (php as well as html). You can
> look at the "de" array to see, how we did it.
>
> In case of questions, just ask at the ml, though I won't be much available
> this week due to some training with the auxiliary fire brigade I have to do.
> But I hope there are some people here, knowing php...
>
> When you are done, just send me your results.

I have seen that already exists a pt dir but this its not a portuguese
translation, so it should not be named as pt but as pt_BR.
So i have moved pt files into pt_BR for the portuguese brasilian
translations and have added a new pt dir for the portuguese
translations.

Meanwhile the URL need to be fixed, so that brasilian webpages can be
redirected into .../pt_BR  and portuguese can also be redirected for
.../pt
For example the webpage http://www.mageia.org/pt/donate/  that appears
in portuguese brasilian should be http://www.mageia.org/pt_BR/donate/

By the way, files index.php pages inside pt_BR dir appear with
incorrect language code:

also here the correct language code for portuguese brasilian would be pt_BR

regards,
--
Zé