[Mageia-i18n] Website to translate

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Fri May 27 10:39:41 CEST 2011

Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com> schrieb am 27.05.2011
> I thought that the discussion i had we misc would be enough, thats
> why i continued and commited the portuguese translation, i didnt
> want to cause such an issue.
But as misc told me, he asked you to discuss with Romain first. The
issue is, nobody should just change something without discussing with
the people responsible (in this case webteam) first.
Collaboration does not mean, anybody can do whatever he wants. That's
anarchy.
Collaboration means working in team structures with fixed
responsibilities.

> I dont understand why this is a kind of thing that would be better
> to do after a freeze since the pt translation already exists,
> would only force some minor changes.
Let's see it this way. We have a working system just now. The only
changes we want to do before release is adding a few pages about the
release, changing the structure is nothing to be done easily (even
though it shouldn't be a big problem, since the existing structure is
written for being easily expanded.

> >> So please put back the pt translation back.
> >
> > Maybe he can decide wether it should be put back or not since he
> > is kinda in charge of the websites and the communication, IINM.
> > I don't say your point is irrelevant, but it should be first
> > discussed. You should have told us about it before changing
> > things on the SVN.
>
> Yes i could had called this to be discussed but i didnt thought
> would it be necessary, thought would be welcome and the necessary
> steps to put it available would be easily done and would not cause
> this kind of issue, but im still here so that i can help it what
> is needed.
As I said before, that's just not the way it works! You just can't
change anything about the structure of other people's / team's work,
without discussing it before.
Doing any such changes without discussing it first and hoping those
people will eventually catch up  is anarchy!

Oliver