[Mageia-i18n] FYI about transifex

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri May 27 21:42:02 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 27 mai 2011 à 16:15 +0200, Olav Dahlum a écrit :
> On 27/05/11 14:41, Oliver Burger wrote:
> > Olav Dahlum <odahlum at broadpark.no> schrieb am 27.05.2011
> >> I still think it's a awkward tool to use, but I can't be blamed for
> >> removing credits now. ;-)
> > The only question is: why?
> >
> > Because you don't type svn up and asvn ci any more, but tx pull and tx
> > push?
> > Or because especially non-technical translators have a web editor in
> > addition to the desktop tools like lokalize?
> >

> No, it's the limitations and shortcomings of Transifex that pisses me
> off. And even if you have easy to use tools, you still need the technical
> understanding required to translate correctly… In comparison to Pootle,
> Transifex doesn't quite cut it yet.
>
> > Sure, we have to work some things out about the workflow (but we have
> > time for that after Mga1), but I see more advantages then
> > disadvantages...
> >
> > Oliver
> >

> Yes, we should look on a couple of things after release and make sure it's
> ready for the next round.

While investigating the change for copyright, I have seen that tx can
use some form of plugin so we can maybe try to enhance it without
requiring too much maintenance, provided we find a python developer with
django experience and time on his hand ( too bad that I fullfill only 2
of the 3 requirements )
--
Michael Scherer