[Mageia-i18n] Mageia 2 new schedule: string freeze vs. i18n freeze

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:28:04 CEST 2011

Hello,

The new Mageia 2 planning has been posted on blog:
http://blog.mageia.org/en/2011/07/17/mageia-2-release-cycle-support-and-planning/

As a translator, I noticed these two dates first:
Development String freeze: 2012 Mar. 7
i18n freeze: 2012 Mar. 10

Does string freeze mean no more new strings added in svn/transifex,
and i18n freeze means translation deadline? Please correct me if I'm
wrong, because 3 days is a little too short for us - would it better
be 3 weeks (that still depends if developers change or fix string
typos or add missing strings after string freeze).

Thanks,

You-Cheng Hsieh