[Mageia-i18n] Régis Hamann / rgx klein Vorstellung.

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Thu Oct 27 20:22:35 CEST 2011

2011/10/27 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
[...]
> Hello,
>
> I am French and my name is Régis (login : rgx). I'm working and living in
> Germany for 9 years now.
[...]
> At work I am translating user manuals from French into German and vice versa,
> in addition I am working as an engineer.
> So I thought I could become a translator for "my" distribution.
>
> I want to invest some of my time into Mageia. To add my knowledge to the
> community and use more and more Open Source software in my systems.
>
> Yours,
>
> Rgx.

Hi Régis, and thanks Oliver for the translation.

Can I infer that you are willing to contribute to both the German and
French translation teams? We would be glad to welcome you in both
teams, but remember: the French team must always prevail, especially
when it comes to translating blog posts quickly. (Okay, just kidding,
this was a private joke for Oliver).

I added your Mageia account to mga-i18n group (it should enable you to
connect to our translation services, i.e. for the moment
transifex.mageia.org). Could you try to log into Transifex once? Then
we should be able to add you to the German and French translation
teams there, so that you can work on software translations (even
though I think both teams have translated the software 100%, but more
may arrive or some strings may change).

As Oliver told you, you can join the mailing lists i18n-de and
i18n-fr, on which you can speak respectively German and French. These
lists are used for internal communication, while the mageia-i18n list
is used for general communication (important information, general
discussions that concern all i18n-xy teams).

Regards,
Rémi / Akien