[Mageia-i18n] List of changed pot files and some more

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Wed Aug 22 07:18:34 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 08:16:56AM +0200, Filip wrote in
<CAPDQr5JYts5GLq-HZZciivDO1uhcCi-CV9SpK3XJW=H4HcWGow at mail.gmail.com>:

>> I think it is a most excellent start to help us (translators) keeping an eye
>> on work needing done. I guess the use of this script has helped you in the
>> tremendous work you've been doing as of late.
>>
>> I have uploaded the script to SVN so it might be of wider use to our team.
>> It can be found at svn://svn.mageia.org/svn/soft/i18n-tools . With some
>> minor extra work, it should be easy for most translators and their teams to
>> use. I really hope you don't (or anyone else for that matter) mind that I've
>> taken the liberty of putting it in SVN.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Remmy
>
>Thanks Remmy. Nice to read that. Especially as I'm bash noob ;). I use
>"old" script daily but not much is happening regards pot or po files.
>I guess it will start just before or after alpha. I'll test your
>improvements and report my findings. Currently my priority are lang
>files. But that'll change. If you have any proposal or ideas for
>"minor extra work" please let me know.

Filip,

The basic functionality of the script should be unchanged. The changes
I've made are:

- Put configuration in a seperate file, provide a template configuration
   upon first run of the script;
- Keep a list of the files in a seperate file;
- Check for new versions of both the script and the projects file upon run
   time of the script.

What I'd like to see in the script still is better configurability of
messages shown. Make it so one can choose to see only what work needs to
be done and show no message for projects which are up to date.

Note that I'm a bash noob myself :)

For anyone else interested in trying the script:
svn co svn://svn.mageia.org/svn/soft/i18n-tools
./i18n-tools/check_for_translation_work.sh

I'm interested in hearing your findings and comments.

Cheers,

Remmy