[Mageia-i18n] What next

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 27 14:33:46 CET 2012

On 27/12/12 14:00, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> Thu, 27 Dec 2012 12:30:51 +0200 було написано Kiki Syahadat
> <kiki.syahadat at yahoo.co.id>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did all official translations on svn (trunk & branches). Should
>> I translate the unofficial too? Or I just go to translate the
>> web?
>>
>> Kiki
>
> Hi,
>
> If you want, you can translate the help to Mageia installer (can
> shown during installation and in Control Center modules).
>
> Some useful links:
>
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Translation_with_Calenco_and_xxe
>
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Translation_with_Calenco_and_Gettext
>
> http://docteam.mageia.nl/en/MCC/content/

Thanks for mentioning this, Yuri :)

The last link is of MCC, btw, we haven't yet started translating it.

English installer help is here:
http://docteam.mageia.nl/installer/content/index.html

The translations are here:

http://docteam.mageia.nl/de/installer/content/index.html

Change /de/ into /el/, /eo/, /es/, /et/, /fr/, /nl/, /pt_br/, /sv/ or
/uk/ to see current translations.

We split two files into 5 files each (so 10 files in total) for
English only, btw, for testing reasons. Those files shouldn't be split
yet for other languages.

The former content of misc-params.html is now in:
* misc-params.html
* configureTimezoneUTC.html
* selectCountry.html
* configureServices.html
* securityLevel.html

and for choosePackages.html:
* choosePackages.html (well, the file is still there in case a help
button still links to it, the original contents are in the following
files)
* chooseDesktop.html
* choosePackageGroups.html
* minimal-install.html
* choosePackagesTree.html

Installer help is rather important, because many people don't have a
second system to search for help on the internet if they encounter a
problem during install.

Cheers,
Marja