[Mageia-i18n] [Fwd: [Mageia-discuss] Servers downtime scheduled from Feb. 1 to 2 for maintenance]

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:22:13 CET 2012

For your information.

I don't know, if tx will be affected, but be prepared, it could be as
well.

Oliver

Von: Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>
general discussions <mageia-discuss at mageia.org>
Betreff: [Mageia-discuss] Servers downtime scheduled from Feb. 1 to 2
for maintenance
Datum: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:19:02 +0100

Hello everyone,

some Mageia servers will be down from Wednesday Feb. 1st to Thursday
Feb. 2nd for maintenance. Particularly, the following services will be
unavailable:
- our LDAP/user identity db,
- build system,
- Bugzilla,
- all mailing-lists hosted on ml.mageia.org,
- Wiki,
- forums.

So... not all, but, a lot of what you use here! The exact hours of
interruption are not known, so expect no availability for those 2 full
days.

Blog (where an equivalent warning will be posted), Web site,
mailing-lists (and archives) will not be down.

In the meantime, in our Marseille data center, 4 of our sysadmin team
(dams, boklm, rtp and misc in this case) will do nothing less than:
 - upgrade servers to Mageia 1,
 - replace broken HDD,
 - add SSD in build nodes,
 - install our ARM build system,
 - install a dedicated server for backups,
 - install a dedicated server for QA and packagers.

All hardware purchased thanks to what Mageia.Org received from so many
donators (http://mageia.org/en/thank-you/ again).

This is quite a short notice, we apologize for this. Thank you for
your comprehension (and please spread the info to your list/team if
relevant).