[Mageia-i18n] Some problems with website

Filip Komar filip.komar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 21:08:20 CEST 2012

Hi all.

Since Romain is one and only and also extremely busy I decided to help what
I can.
So I added[1] missing redirections in many languages for timeline,
calendar, thank-you and donate. I also added missing redirections for
lv/downloads,
removed eo/contact since en/contact doesn't exist and added many
/about/constitution[2] redirections where appropriate. Everybody please
check pages in your language for dead or wrong links and report them.

Marek can you please also check that Donate link from your report is now
correct[3]. About layout please report again to Romain if needed.

Romain I have some questions for you. Again ;). Thank you in advance for
any answer and comment.
1. Why $post argument in function _t [4] append space by default? It looks
a bit strange on some pages as on few strings there is sometimes comma
after translated word. For example in community page.

2. I'll try to prepare some more pages for lang files translation system
but some instructions for use of pa2lang.php and extract2lang.php would be
very useful for me. Thank you for that effective, expandable and simple
system. Doing my first page transition without any howto was really easy.
Well except use of pa2lang.php and extract2lang.php ;).

3. Link en/contact on map page points on target which doesn't exist.

4. BTW, during redirections procedure I noticed some things. Beside
non-existent en/contact I saw some empty directories like fr/thanks, */faq
and en/for. If you like I can remove them if you trust me on that ;). I
suppose and en/migrate and en/legal are still on TODO. There is language
with its code pr which is awfully outdated, has actually only one page and
I didn't noticed any translated content on that page. AFAIK it's not linked
on web site either. I don't see any reason not to remove it.

Best regards,
Filip

[1] http://svnweb.mageia.org/web?view=revision&revision=1471
[2] http://svnweb.mageia.org/web?view=revision&revision=1472
[3] http://svnweb.mageia.org/web?view=revision&revision=1473
[4] function _t($s = null, $opt = null, $post = ' ') {