[Mageia-i18n] new employee on the translation team mageia i18n-pt-BR

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Fri Jun 8 10:16:52 CEST 2012

2012/6/6 Marcio Padula Padula <padula1000 at gmail.com>:
> hello to all
>
> Special translation team i en-18N, I would like to participate in the
> translation
> http://www.mageia.org/pt-br/map/ and link documents, wiki, blog, etc ...
>
> I am a board administrator mageia Brazil and portal (www.mageiabr.org/), I
> know that I can donate more this task.
>
> I look back to start the activities.

Hi Marcio, and welcome aboard!

Please try to contact the other pt_BR translators listed here:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/I18n_teams#Portugu.C3.AAs_Brazil
Some may not be active anymore, but it would be nice if you could join
forces with those who are still around, to coordinate your work.
Please keep me informed about the team's status when you have more
info: who are the team leader/deputy leader, is there a member with
commit rights to our SVN repository, who are the active members, and
so on. I know that Luis Fernando is quite active at the moment, so you
could start by contacting him and see if he has some information about
the other registered translators.

The general process for translation is:

- software: All Mageia software that we have to translate are on our
Subversion repository, and you can find the links to the PO files
here: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/List_of_Mageia_transifex_projects (On
our wiki you can read about Transifex, which we used for the string
translation before the release of Mageia 2, but it is now kind of
broken and we are thinking about finding another solution, so for now
we're back to the SVN). If you are not used to translating PO files,
don't hesitate to ask for support here or on #mageia-i18n on IRC. Once
you have translated a PO file, it has to be commited to the SVN
repository to be included in the next version of the software. To do
so, you need a member with commit rights in the pt_BR team; please
tell me if you don't have such a member.

- website: See https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Internationalisation_Team_(i18n)#Website_translation
and don't hesitate to ask questions if something is unclear.

- wiki: translation is on hold for now; I must talk to the
documentation and sysadmins teams to know when the localised wikis can
be deployed and what will their translation process be.

- blog: There does not seem to be a pt_BR blog but there is a
Portugese blog for Mageia. Looking at the latest blog posts, it seems
that MacXi and Filipe Saraiva are among its translators, even though
they did not put their names on the wiki in either i18n-pt or
i18n-pt_BR teams. Could you contact them too and try to organise the
pt_BR translation team?

Regards,
Rémi / Akien