[Mageia-i18n] i18n team leader elections

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Sat Mar 3 17:32:45 CET 2012

2012/3/2 Diego Bello <dbello at gmail.com>:
> Could you give us a small background of both of you guys? So we can
> see what differences there are between the two of you.

Well, I'm a 20 year-old French guy living in Lyon, France. I am
currently in 3rd year in an engineering school where I study Energy
and Environmental Engineering. Next year I will be studying the same
fields in Stuttgart, Germany as an exchange student. I will also have
an internship in a research department during that time. I will come
back to Lyon for my 5th and last year of studies.

I'm not implied in the Mageia project since day 1, because it took me
a few days to notice the project :) Still, as soon as I heard about
it, I joined the project because I was really interested in the
community-based aspects of what Mageia would become. I had been using
Mandrake/Mandriva as my main OS since Mandrake 10 but I was not
involved in its community.

My involvment with Mageia started with the i18n team. I helped
organizing the i18n-fr team and its translation processes, and I was
elected deputy for the i18n-fr. When the former leader of the i18n-fr
team left, my fellow translators chose me as the new leader. When wobo
had to step down from his position of i18n leader, I was elected i18n
team deputy in Oliver's place, since he had to take the leadership.

I also contribute in a few other teams. I am an apprentice packager
(and Oliver's padawan), a member of the QA team and of the
documentation team. I did also some support in MLO (Mageia's French
community forum) but I have not been there for a while, because of my
time-consuming studies.

I couldn't make it to FOSDEM this year, but you could have seen me at
the JDLL in Lyon, where Mageia had a stand. I will try to come to
Solutions Linux in Paris, France and/or to the RMLL in Geneva,
Switzerland. Next year I'll probably attend some German FOSS events :)

My vote goes to Oliver BTW ;)

Cheers,
Rémi / Akien