[Mageia-i18n] Script for non tx translation work (was: Re: Upcoming i18n freeze)

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Sat Mar 10 13:28:32 CET 2012

Hi all,

Because of the problems we've been having with transifex, I have chosen to
translate without it. This brought up a new problem for me: Which .po
files need to be worked on and which not?

I have created a small shell script to help me with this, and am sharing
it in the hope that you may find a use for it as well.

The script, which needs the package 'gettext' installed on your system,
pulls from svn (no password required) the latest files and shows you which
files contain fuzzy or untranslated strings so you can edit those files
directly. Furthermore, you need a recent version of bash on your system
(the one shipped with Mageia 1 should do the trick).

It does this by creating a directory for each project in the directory
from which you run this script. So, best might be to start with an empty
directory to run this from!

The only configuration this script needs is for you to select the proper
lang.po to check at the top.

I hope this is of use to you.

Cheers,

Remmy