[Mageia-i18n] A bit short on time

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:37:42 CEST 2012

We have several options:
a. keep the current PHP array - current and not satisfying situation
b. move to .po/gettext - I've had terrible experience with that in the
past (gettext being not thread safe)
c. move to .lang files (see
https://svn.mozilla.org/projects/mozilla.com/trunk/locales/fr/newsletter.lang
for an example)

and that, of course, is provided that a particular section of the
website is localized.

I'd favor c. (same principle than b. with lighter, simpler
implementation) but I'm open to b. if someone has an option/update
regarding thread-safety (I'm not discarding the excellent initiative
from Yuri here - if I understood correctly, it's to provide a bridge
between PHP arrays and .po file, right?)

Then we could manage to make a part of the website summarizing all
.lang files available to translate so you can pick up yours and submit
it.