[Mageia-i18n] Problem on my IRC

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Mon Nov 12 07:43:31 CET 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 01:37:39PM +0800, Kiki wrote in
<1351316259.67897.YahooMailNeo at web192704.mail.sg3.yahoo.com>:
>Hi,
>
>Thursday evening, Friday morning exactly here, I tried to follow the
>meeting on IRC. But every time I tried to connect to IRC, warning appears
>"Disconnected: Connection reset by peer". And yesterday was my first time
>using IRC, so I did not know what to do. Can someone tell me what to do
>if this issue appear?

Hi Kiki,

Sorry to hear about your problem. It seems that the connection between
your computer and the one you connected to on Freenode was unstable. There
is little you can do other than find a more stable server. You'll probably
have the best experience when you connect to an IRC server that's
geographically close to you (so anything in the Asia Pacific region should
help). See http://www.freenode.net/irc_servers.shtml for a list of
servers. If I'd have to venture a guess, you might want to try connecting
to the server in Singapore (brooks.freenode.net) instead of a random pool
server.

I hope this will give you a more stable connection in the future.

Cheers,

Remmy