[Mageia-i18n] Communication: Avoiding conflicts

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Mon Oct 29 22:12:03 CET 2012

The following message is being sent to all Mageia teams on behalf of
the Council:

-----------------------------
You may be aware that there have been some inter-personal issues, which
have resulted in two prominent Mageia contributors suspending their
contributions to our community for an unknown period.

We wish to remind members of all teams of the following steps to try and
prevent disputes getting out of hand.

1. Please review the "Code of Conduct"
 http://www.mageia.org/en/about/code-of-conduct/

 In addition, please keep in mind, that with text only communications,
emotions such as sarcasm, or humour, do not always carry across their
intended meaning. Please be careful in how things are worded, to avoid
saying things that might be interpreted as an insult or an attack.

 Always try to assume the other person has good intentions, and is
trying to help the project.

 Be aware that the person reading a message may not have the same
understanding of the grammar or syntax of the language it is written in
(Often English is being written by non-native speakers and may be
understood quite differently by another non-native speaker from a
different region or country)

2. Please be aware that the Council and Board are always available
(Please ask your team leader for details) and can help to mediate in the
case of personal differences or team disputes. Please don't let issues
reach a stage where such mediation cannot help.

3. Team leaders should be constantly aware of the possibility of
differences becoming an issue or a threat to the team and ultimately to
the success of our community and must inform the Council/Board if they
see a conflict developing.

4. Board members need to inform other board members of any conflict
arising, of progress and hopefully of resolution.