[Mageia-i18n] pt_BR translation of drakx-net (was Re: Mageia-i18n Digest, Vol 29, Issue 19)

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Sat Feb 9 12:12:03 CET 2013

2013/2/9 Marcio Padula Padula <padula1000 at gmail.com>:
> Hi Filip,
>
> below file lines fixes drakx-net for the pt_BR:
>
> [1] http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft?view=revision&revision=7132
>
> [...]

Hi Padula! I commited your translations, but noticed a few problems
that it would be nice to fix.

First of all, many of the strings (50) are still fuzzied, including
some of the strings that you corrected. There are also 10 non
translated strings (you can see this report with "msgfmt -cv
pt_BR.po").

Now, maybe you don't know what is a "fuzzy" string, so here's a little
explanation. When a string is modified in the original version (i.e.
in English), the corresponding translations are tagged as "fuzzy" (you
can see the fuzzy tag in the comments before the string in the po
file). It means that the translation can no longer be trusted, since
the msgid was edited. Fuzzy strings are thus NOT USED when the
software is packaged, resulting in missing translations in the
product.

What do you have to do? You should check all fuzzy strings, and:
- if the translation is still good, remove the "fuzzy" tag from the
comment section.
- if the translation is incorrect, you should fix it and then remove
the "fuzzy" tag.

You can also use a translation tool, like Poedit, which will directly
show you both the non translated strings and the fuzzy strings that
you should proofread.

> #: ../bin/draknfs:49
> #, c-format
> msgid "map root user as anonymous"
> msgstr "mapear usuário anônimo como root"

I just wondered if this translation is correct, when comparing it to
the following one. For me, "mapear usuário anônimo como root" would
mean "map anonymous user as root", instead of the intended message
which should be "map root user as anonymous".
Shouldn't the translation be something like "mapear usuário root como anônimo"?

> #: ../bin/draknfs:50
> #, c-format
> msgid "map all users to anonymous user"
> msgstr "mapear todos os usuários como usuário anônimo"

BTW, I added your name and email to the translators list in the po
file, I hope that's okay :)

Regards,
Rémi