[Mageia-i18n] Candidating for i18n leader position

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 09:29:40 CET 2013

Hi there,

as I wrote in the "election time table" mail to this list, every
candidate should say a few words about who he is.

So here we start, as I - as I also wrote in that mail - am candidate
for the team leader position again.

Most of you do know me, but perhaps there's one or another new member
here, who doesn't.

So her it comes:

My name is Oliver Burger and I live in the south west of Germany near
the French and Swiss borders.
I am part of Mageia since the beginning, registering on the newly
created mailing lists, the day they were created in 2010.
I was organizing i18n team together with wobo, who had to leave us in
2011 and am team leader since he left.

In real life I am a web developer working mostly with php and
javascript (and some python in the past). In Mageia I am a packager
and member of the i18n, atelier and doc teams.
As team leader I am currently member of the council and I am member of
the board and secretary of the association.

In i18n my main duty at the moment is getting us a web development
plattform again.
This should have happened some time ago, but I was quite busy, so stay
tuned and give me some more time...

I know, I wasn't particularly active those last months, but I promise
to be better in the future.

Cheers,

Oliver