[Mageia-i18n] What was wrong with Transifex?

atilla ontas tarakbumba at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 22:52:08 CEST 2013

Good night everyone. I was long gone previous year. Now back to work and
begin to contribute. I have missed the Transifex issue. As i read from
mailing list archives, the problem was our transifex installation and as i
see from bug reports there are few to maintain mageia transifex. So, we
abandoned Tx. But now there is no other web interface for i18n tasks.

I' m Turkish coordinator of Transifex, Archlinux AUR translation projects
and contributor to others as well. I do not see issues for them those we
had with our tx, So, i want to ask; can't we use transifex.net instead of
installing and trying to maintain our tx? Is it hard or impossible?

I know, Pootle is an alternative but if we try to install it under
mageia.org domain and try to maintain it i think it would be hard. I mean,
few people to maintain and lack of time may be problem. What do you think?
Or i missed too much about this particular issue?

Also, did Launchpad be considered for this?

I think, at least our Turkish team needs such an interface. I was sole
Turkish translator for 4 years with Mandriva and it was a real pain.
Without such a web interface most people do not want to use svn, git etc.