[Mageia-marketing] Plan - stuff to do pre Beta 1 release

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:50:47 CEST 2011

2011/4/6 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 14:26, Bradley D. Thornton <Bradley at northtech.us> wrote:
>
>> and we'll see if they actually act on it, or pass it by like the forum/email
>> list integration listed below as a priority a few months ago.
>
> Nonsense. This has never been said as a priority (or find me a quote
> about that) but as a "nice-to-have, provided someone stands up to
> properly integrate this in our setup". It did not happen.

As Bradley mentioned my name:
I mentioned the gateway (set up by tux99 on an external server) as a
good thing, gave the reasons. But I did not advocate it as a priority,
just as a "nice to have".

>> I did run over and throw a few posts out just to help in filling the
>> forums with some kruft and content so it can get going.
>
> Just. Don't. Do. That.
> Better have a slowly taking forum with good content than cruft. Really.

Yes. Filling jut for quantity has never been a good idea, not even in
a stuffed turkey.

In general:
My perception of "how things have been done" is quite different from
what Bradley writes. Everything has been discussed, decided, in
public. If something was left out in the rain after discussion, the
related people brought it back to attention of the
board/council/sy<sadmin/what-ever. There were too few people working
on too many tasks - it's obvious that they must be reminded if things
slip from their radar.

--
wobo