[Mageia-marketing] Showcasing technology and people

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 17:52:07 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 17:39, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2011/4/18 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
>> In the continuity of the WWC speech, ennael and I think it could be
>> worth it to setup a series of posts in the blog about: [...]
>
> You have a great idea (the series of blog posts, showcasing Mageia's
> benefits for several different groups). The blog page is surely one
> way to post that series but blog posts are very short lived animals if
> there is no central pointer to them. So far I agree.

Cool :-p

> But then again you hide that pointer away in some web page which
> people will find only by chance. Even if this "bonjourmageia.fr" would
> [...]

I intend to do that on the blog first. Then advertise from anywhere
relevant, of course - if it gets to volume or interesting enough, we
may even later open dedicated sections in the website, to tweak the
articles design even further (but that's really for later).

bonjourmageia.fr is in no way meant to be the single entry point, but
one among others, by accident - I noticed it in relation to my

bonjourmageia.fr would indeed only matter to French-speaking people,
and show, each time, a photo of someone or some event, and link
somewhere, if there is something to link to (like, a blog post). So
there would not be necessarily a 1-1 relation between bonjourmageia.fr
and these series. bonjour*.fr is typically a French meme here and it
would be used as such. Now, there may be, or not, equivalent memes in
other locales, I don't know (didn't find so far).

Romain