[Mageia-marketing] request for meeting

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:25:15 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 13:44, Céline Harrand <celine.harrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I was wondering if any of you was interested in holding a meeting
> thursday or friday at 4 or 5 pm UTC ?

Ok for me.

> I think we can talk about :
> - general feedback from FOSDEM (what people thought of the mageia
> project and what had to be explained)

>From my POV:
 - very positive feedback
 - lessons from how to prepare slides for presentations
 - people ask for a pitch for the project (which could be "we don"t
have a pitch"; but they want one)
 - we can be way more specific in presentation details (technical &
org topics abound)

> - ad slides text during install (this is a crossover issue between the
> artwork and marcom team)

See other thread.

> - next communications actions to take from now until the alpha release.

A post from the board about the Fosdem events and general assembly is
underway. There was an etherpad used for the draft but I believe it's
been raised to the blog (Dams and wobo are on it IIRC).

As for the alpha release, there's a few bits to iron out for the
download/release pages:
http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-web/2011/mageia-web.2011-02-09-14.09.html
(see last topic). Dams and obgr are going to implement it on the www
side. Stormi on the wiki side. You may get in sync with them.

> Or maybe we can have these conversations by e-mail, depending on the
> number of attendees...

Maybe better.