[Mageia-marketing] Mageia-marketing Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1

suikerstroop suikerstroop at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:10:24 CET 2011

> than "Re: Contents of Mageia-marketing digest..."
>

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: what are the (future) plans of the Mageia marketing team
>      (Romain d'Alverny)

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:17:34 +0100
> From: "Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com>
> To: Mageia marketing team discussion list
>        <mageia-marketing at mageia.org>
> Subject: Re: [Mageia-marketing] what are the (future) plans of the
>        Mageia marketing team
>
> Hi there,
>
> thanks for your message! And Happy New Year, to you and everyone here!
>
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 15:16, suikerstroop <suikerstroop at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I am new to the Mageia Marketing. Can some one give me short information
> > about the structure, future plans of the Mageia Marketing team.
> > Who are the Mageia Marketing project leaders. How can I get in touch with
> > them? What is global situation of the Mageia Marketing team.
> > Are there other dutch speaking people involved?in the Mageia Marketing
> team.
>
> I'll let the other members of the team complete.
>
> The whole Mageia thing is still in the making.

How can I play an active role in the Mageia marketing team? Is there a kind
of meeting point?
I would like to target not-linux users yet?

Questions about the mageia-distribution:
- What kind of desktop environment will mageia use? KDE, XFCE, GNOME,
enlightment, LXDE
- choice of office package -> OpenOffice, LibreOffice, KOffice, Abiword and
Gnumeric
- choice of system management tools
- choice of file manager -> Thunar, Dolphin, Nautilus or something else
- choice of multi media player -> Totem, Xineplayer, Mplayer, Kaefine,VLC
player
- choice of burning software -> K3B, brasero, XFburn
   excuses for eventually mis typings.

Yours sincerely,

Zwikkle

PS: I am not a great fan of using the following stuff:
- Java --> makes the computer slower than necessary
- Mono --> patented stuff
- KDE --> is not very stable
- OpenOffice --> because too many Java in it.