[Mageia-marketing] Meeting?

Marcello Anni marcello.anni at alice.it
Fri Jan 7 20:07:08 CET 2011

> Hi there,
>
> happy new year to everyone. I wish you all the best!

thank you, to you too : )

> This mail for four things:
>  1. I guess there's not much activity in the marketing area; since
> several weeks; what's your diagnostic about that?

i think this is somehow due to the lack in this period of our leader, graham
laudrer. it seems we have no idea about the work to do

>  2. shall we hold an IRC meeting next week (if possible between 9:00
> and 15:00 UTC) on irc.freenode.net/#mageia-marcom to:
>    * know where we are (see 1.);
>    * continue from there;
>    * start discussing the website contents/editorial structure;
>    * start thinking about the distribution release that will start
> with a very technical alpha this month; (so that we can discuss this
> too on -discuss);
>    * think of the roadmap for this year for Mageia;

for me is it ok... when would you like to organize it?
>  3. we did not yet launch the communication team (willing contributors
> here: http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=communication ); I wonder if
> we wouldn't better merge both teams (marketing+communication) to have
> those two especially in sync (as well as with an effort to sync with
> artwork & some web devs);

exactely, i don't see any reason to merge these two groups (many tasks similar
and need a deep coordination between them

>  4. who will be at FOSDEM in February? (5-6, in Brussels)

i can't : )

> Cheers,
>
> Romain

Cheers,