[Mageia-marketing] Meeting?

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Sat Jan 8 16:13:34 CET 2011

Ha! activity!

> > happy new year to everyone. I wish you all the best!

From me to all, also!

> > This mail for four things:
> >  1. I guess there's not much activity in the marketing area; since
> > several weeks; what's your diagnostic about that?

I think it might be a good time to revisit what the project as a
whole (founders, devels, everyone) wants from its marketing team -
seems like we had a bit of divergence there, and it would be good to
bring that back together.

> >  2. shall we hold an IRC meeting next week (if possible between
> > 9:00 and 15:00 UTC) on irc.freenode.net/#mageia-marcom to:

Fine for me - any day is ok. Is this also a good time for Graham
or any other Antipodeans?

> >  3. we did not yet launch the communication team (willing
> > contributors here:
> > http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=communication ); I wonder if
> > we wouldn't better merge both teams (marketing+communication) to
> > have those two especially in sync (as well as with an effort to
> > sync with artwork & some web devs);

I think marketing and communication belong together! let's go for it.

> >  4. who will be at FOSDEM in February? (5-6, in Brussels)

I wish. Next one I'll be better organised - but, what do people need
to have ready, that we can/should be doing? And, can we maybe work up
a calendar of events, so we can be ready for them?

Cheers!

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D
52.4161N,16.9303E