[Mageia-marketing] planet.mageia.org - info/discuss about the installation

Damien Lallement mageia at damsweb.net
Fri Jan 28 13:32:55 CET 2011

Hello folks,

planet.mageia.org is an old discussion (started in September (mostly
IRL) when we installed blogs).
It's an important website to spread Mageia and an aggregator about the
project.

As previously discussed on IRC or IRL, we have analyzed the different
web based aggregator platforms we known:
- planetplanet (http://www.planetplanet.org/)
- planet venus (http://intertwingly.net/code/venus/)

Then, we met Pascal Chevrel, from Mozilla Europe, in November, and
discussed on a lot of things.
He explained us how they were managing the Mozilla Europe Planet and
made us discovered moonmoon (http://moonmoon.org).
This platform fits all our requirements: "Moonmoon is stupidly simple"
(no DB, no comments, no votes, flat files, ...)

We expect to install this web based agregator on "champagne" to start
ASAP the Mageia Planet.

For know, we thought, for agregatted blogs on it, of the following
rules:
- anyone who asks for it
- who is peer in a team
- only post with a Mageia tag will appear on the planet.

What do you think about all of this? Any comments or remarks?
Thank you for the feedback.

Cheers,
--
Damien Lallement
aka "damsweb" or "coincoin" on IRC and twitter

http://www.mageia.org