[Mageia-marketing] Banner writings

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Tue Jun 14 23:24:48 CEST 2011

Hi there,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 23:10, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:
>> However, I guess we have to think about a whole font like in the
>> logo. Because the different fonts in one work will always look
>> glitchy.
>>
>> I never did a font. Alex made the font of the logo but I can't
>> reach him :-/
>
> I wonder, did he make the whole font, or only the letters for the
> word mageia? If he only made the letters (which is likely), then we
> will always need to use a different font for text.

He did it for the logo and I believe he started to do the whole font,
but there was no concrete clue for that. We can still keep this as a
long term project (and open a bug for that). Designing a full font is
quite a lot of work.

> The font choice is part of the Style set of decisions, so if the text
> is editable, then it can be changed to whatever we all decide.
>
> I wonder whether the variation in the fonts would be less obvious, if
> there was more white space on the poster? If the background was
> white, and you used colours rather than images to break up the layout?

Look at www.mageia.org/ CSS style font definitions (I can extract
these for better access if you like). These fonts have been chosen to
articulate with each other and the logo too - at least, that's a
start.

cheers!

Romain