[Mageia-marketing] additional idea

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:22:00 CEST 2011

2011/6/16 Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de>:
> Am 16.06.2011 15:09, schrieb Patricia Fraser:
>>
>>> Pls see https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=568
>>>
>>> I lost track of all the ideas which were written in mails so far, so I
>>> am not sure if this was already proposed.
>>
>> This is a *brilliant* idea. I wonder if we could have a forum group called
>> "Mageia Saves the Day" and encourage people to post there? Then we could
>> put a few recent ones on the website and add a link...
>>
>> Thanks Wobo!
>>

> What about a special page (like a guestbook) "Stories with Mageia ..." where
> they can post without a registration etc.?

This is one way, another option may be to start with some stories
gathered in the forum and then add a "Send in Your Mageia Success
story!", which opens a contact form the user can fill in without
having to register - contents to be forwarded to an editor (or team)
who will put it online on the page. This could be easily set in place
with Wordpress.

It could be done in a semi-automatic way (like comments to blogs) but
I'd prefer to put some manual work into such a page, if handled with
care it can be an important asset, if handled without any care it may
even give a negative impression.

--
wobo