[Mageia-marketing] Mageia-marketing Digest, Vol 8, Issue 12; remarks about Mageia revie on Linuxbsdos.com

suikerstroop suikerstroop at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 20:09:00 CEST 2011

Best Mageia poeple,

I found it an useful review. I learn something new. I learn about the
filesystem NILFS. I agree with the writer only fuly functional programmes
should be in the Mageia distribution. Better to have less programmes in the
repositories and working well than have a lot of crap packages. It is very
frustating to have programmes which are not usable very well.
I disagree with the point to abandon the CD-release. There should a
CD-release available. Perhaps a CD-release with the XFCE-desktop. I prefer
this desktop-environment above GNOME, because the great tool mass renaming
in Thunar file manager. I also like E17, because it is very customizable.
There should come metapackages for example multimedia-support with all the
codecs and necessary plugins for Firefox, Chromium browser and other
browsers integrated in it.

GReetz,

Zwikkle

[...]