[Mageia-marketing] Fwd: Mageia product naming/scoping

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Wed Mar 23 23:37:40 CET 2011

> > >        - most of this info should be available from the packagers
> > > - can we ask them to give the comms team a heads-up in some
> > >          way when they add/change things, so information on
> > > flavour pages can be updated?
> >
> > That would rely on checking each package changelog and getting in
> > touch with the packagers. I don't know how to put some incentive (or
> > how to integrate these changelogs) as to make this more easily
> > informative. I believe mageia-app-db work done by Stormi can help a
> > lot here.
>
> How do we get to take a look at what's currently in mageia-app-db?
> I've seen some mention of it on the Devel list, but I haven't read
> it in any detail.

Hi,

You can see a test instance at http://88.191.121.20/madb/mageia/

It won't feature mail or RSS notifications before the end of april, but it can
already be used to browse the list of available packages. The "updates" page
shows package updates ordered by descending buildtime.

By default, a filter is set to show only applications. If you want
to see all packages, check both "yes" and "no" in the applications filter

Can it be useful for your team ?

Regards

Samuel Verschelde