[Mageia-marketing] Mageia product naming/scoping

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:11:18 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 20:03, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2011/3/30 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
>
>> I understand your point, but this is related to media inclusion, not
>> to actual ISO contents, neither to how we structure the name used for
>> humans, and for file names (there's no notion of whether we have 100%
>> free sofftware or not so far in the nomenclature, just DVD, LiveCD and
>> regular CD).
>
> What is the difference between "media inclusion" and "ISO contents"?

Media inclusion is about what goes into core, nonfree and tainted.
Those are fully available online.

But, you can't feed all of core into a DVD image. Neither all of
nonfree. You have to make a selection. Depending on what you decide to
burn on a ISO, it qualifies for a "100% free software" label or not,
for instance.

>> I need one for beta1 already and the proposed one is pretty generic
>> (we don't go for "One", "Free", "Powerpack" names for instance, we
>> just use an optional "flavour" attribute).
>
> Yes, that's right, I agree with your proposition. I only wanted to say
> that there is no real need to discuss this question at length, you can
> use this generic scheme until we see what will come up for the final.

Yep, ok, let's do it that way.

Romain