[Mageia-marketing] Mageia product naming/scoping

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:04:28 CEST 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 02:03, Bradley D. Thornton <Bradley at northtech.us> wrote:
> On 03/30/2011 11:29 AM, Patricia Fraser wrote:
>
> Yeah, that's not going to happen. the 32 bit will be 32 bit, while the
> 64 bit will be dual arch (below).
>
> Very, very few Distros ship a pure 64 bit GNU/Linux, and Mageia isn't
> going to be one of them, FYI.

Well there may be some misunderstanding here; that's two separate things:
 * dual arch hosts both 32bit and 64bit installs, of which you decide
on install;
 * 64bit DVD is a full install DVD for 64bit architectures - yes,
there are some 32bit dependencies still used, but there are fewer of
them; the intent/direciton is a pure 64bit thing - whatever time it
takes.

Ennael tells me we ought to re-explain what is expected in these
formats. But of course, after beta1, we will hold a survey to sort
through expectations of the final formats we will release in June.

Romain