[Mageia-marketing] 2011/week 17 review

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu May 5 21:32:07 CEST 2011

2011/5/5 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 19:33, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/5/5 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:
>>> It's online on http://hugs.mageia.org/ - hopefully with more picture
>>> from contributors soon (need to explicit the process to have one's
>>> pictures there).
>>
>> Hmm, what is this about? I know that some people like to hug everybody
>> who does not quit the scene immediately (François B. :) ), but how is
>> this related to Mageia?
>
> As I explained before, that's a small detail in the "show the
> friendly, human side" of the project; it's not a question of faking
> anything; pictures of people+posters there should be genuine
> participants in the project. It's a small, anecdotal, low-traffic page
> meant to put some fun, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, I read that and understood it to be some kind of "who we are"
page where everybody of the Mageia crowd can show his face - but why
is it called "hugs"? That's what I don't understand. If I'd place my
pic there I don't want to hug anybody, I'd just want to show them what
face hides behind the name in case anybody would ask for it.
May be I don't understand the whole meaning of this.

--
wobo