[Mageia-marketing] The Planets

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Apr 5 19:24:09 CEST 2012

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012, Romain d'Alverny wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 19:53, nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:
> > For the planet, I think a few things needs to be done :
> >
> >  - define clear rules about what kind of blogs are allowed on planet.
> >
> >  - define a list of people with admin access on planet, whose role is to
> >   add the feeds when people request it, or remove feeds which are not
> >   following the rules
>
> Damien suggested to put this config in a svn repository with full
> access. So whatever happens, we know who committed what.

Configuration file look like this :
http://dpaste.com/727371/

We can store it somewhere on svn. But I don't know if that's convenient
to edit. What do marketing team think ?

> >  - define how to request a new blog to be added: I think bugzilla could
> >   be used for this. We can add a component in bugzilla for this kind of
> >   request if needed.
>
> There's a planet.mageia.org component (just checked).

Ok, so should we make marketing team default assignee on
planet.mageia.org component, and update wiki page to say that requests
should be done on bugzilla in Websites -> planet.mageia.org ?

> >  - Write a wiki page to be linked from planet, with : the rules about
> >   allowed blogs on planet, how to request a new blog to be added, and
> >   the list of people with admin access
>
> Here: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Planets

Ok, I didn't know this page. So now we need to decide who will manage
those requests, and update planet to show a link to this wiki page ?