[Mageia-marketing] Mageia in Enli 2010/2011

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Fri Apr 6 05:53:21 CEST 2012

On 05/04/12 09:32, Bradley D. Thornton wrote:

> On 01/19/2011 08:53 PM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
>> Helo,
>>
>> Well i write here because i don tknow to who i shuld speak this.  Here at
>> Mexico, in  fevrier, it will take place Enli 2011 www.enli.org.mx
>>
>> I got a conferece to present mageia.  I wonder if someone has an already
>> presentation i may translate to spanish to explain people what is mageia,
>> whata are diferences between other distros, and mainly with mandriva.  what is
>> our work and what do they can expect.  1 hour of speaking.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> LD
> Sebastian,
>
> Luis did his presentation on Mageia at Enli a little over a year ago.
> You may want to solicit him for ideas on it and particulars as to his
> coverage in the matter.
>
> I pulled this from my inbox in the hopes that you and He can get
> together, as he can probably point you towards some of the other
> resources that he drew upon :)
Ok thanks, but you didn't provide the email address. However I guess I
can get that from the archive anyway.

> A lightning talk is typically less than 10 minutes, so it should be a
> snap for you. His presentation was much longer and considerably more
> comprehensive than what you're looking to do, considering the time he
> was allotted for his presentation.
>
> I hope that helps!
I think really going by the phone call I had, that he wanted me to do a
longer talk. However then I said how I hadn't done this kind of thing
before, so the Lightning talk got suggested.

Indeed Lightning talks are short about 15 minutes or so, and so topics
have to be quick and to the point, especially if going to leave any time
for questions.

A Lightning talk is usually a summary or something like that I think, of
a project at an event for example, and as you would probably expect the
Lightning talks will be at the end of this event.

Knowing me once I got started and feeling comfortable enough I would
probably want more than 15 minutes or so really. I mean I talked about
Desktop Linux and so on, with someone for three hours and a bit when I
went on a podcast for my first time last year for example. Of course
that's different since it was done on the computer.

Also when I did that talk about Tim Berners-Lee and web standards in
2005 in front of one of my college classes, it was only meant to be
about 10 minutes, but was 20 or so.

It seems that I could do a longer talk or presentation and a lightning talk.

I'll email more about this event soon, once I have found out a bit more.
Currently waiting for another email reply from him.

I thought about it earlier, but I would actually want the talk/s I am
doing to be recorded, so that I can watch it myself, and show lot's of
people, well if I am happy enough with it :). Not told the person
organising the event this yet, but something that can be done later on.

 From Sebastian sebsebseb