[Mageia-marketing] Postmortem

Sebastian sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Mon Jun 4 15:09:45 CEST 2012

On 04/06/12, Patricia Fraser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Remember this? Well, it needs to be completed before the council
> meeting tonight.
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> As we did after Mageia 1, all teams are doing a post-mortem review of
>> their activities around Mageia 2.
>>
>> Check it out here:
>>
>> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia2_Postmortem#Marcom
>>
>> We need to add our part by June 10, which is when all the additions
>> are due.
>>
>> For interest, you might like to check out the previous post-mortem:
>>
>> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Marcom_Team#Post-mortem_-_post_Mageia_1_release
>>
>> Please add your comments!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
> Being fairly certain that nothing would happen (as is the usual way
> here in marcom), I've sent the following to the council list. I'm
> pretty disappointed that it was necessary...
>
>> Marcom post-mortem: the vanishing team. I'm putting this here, because
>> I haven't had any responses at all from anyone on the team, either on
>> the wiki or on the mailing list. For all intents and purposes, marcom
>> is me, and nobody else.
>>
>> Post-mortem: marcom is unsustainable, the way it is, and I'm not
>> really able to promise that I can do it all myself - I've got a fair
>> bit on my plate at the moment, and I can't really do it justice.
>>
>> I'd be very grateful for any suggestions, input, warm bodies...
>>
>> (Also, I'd like to dump marcom and move to get an accessibility team
>> going, but that's another story, and I won't do it without at least
>> trying to get something happening in marcom.)
Hi Trish

I am still around, and I agree Marcom is hardly a team at the moment, it
seems to only really be the two of us at the moment.

I am not quiting the team :), I am still around, and still trying to
help when I can or think I can, but what I think we need to do is try
and get new people to join the team somehow.

I had to recently completely re do everything on my hard disk, and start
completely over with a new partition table. As a result I am not sure
where a file with my password for Mageia identify or a personal password
hint is at the moment, and unfortunately unlike other sites, it seems
can't just be sent a password reset email for example for the account.
If I can't log in, I can't edit the Wiki.

I guess I got to find the file, or get one of the system admins to help.

As for the postmortem even though the lack of people we got the stuff
done that was needed, and in a way, that's probably about all there is
to say really. Oh and working on things on Piratepads I thought worked
really well :).

You do indeed seem to be quite busy since moving back to Australia, if
anyone wants me to do a bit more for Marcom, I can probably do that, as
long as it's fully clear as to what I need to do.

As usual I'll be at the council meeting later, and you can read the log
if you would like to.