[Mageia-marketing] Install party planned ?

Sebastian sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Thu Jun 7 23:22:09 CEST 2012

On 07/06/12 22:05, Benoît Audouard wrote:
> Le jeudi 07 juin 2012 à 22:12 +0200, Benoît Audouard a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is Marcom the right place to discuss install parties ?
>>

>> We've been proposed a place in Paris, France to do an install' party, it
>> would be available by september or october (what we call a médiathèque
>> in France).
>>
>> I can give the contact to whom may want to organize it (I'm not sure his
>> e-mail should be public).
>> I've already forwarded the e-mail to people I know personnally in Paris
>> that may be interested to attend, anyone would be welcome if we can
>> organize it :-) (and if you want to come to Vincennes for it).
>>
>> Any other install' party in the run? We can discuss this subject at
>> Solutions Linux :-)
>>
>> @++
>> Ben'. aka baud123

an install party, however your probably much better off chatting about
it to major French Mageia contributors for example, and other French
users or contributors.  I mean those of us that aren't in France can't
really help that much with an install party that is going to take place
in France I guess.

On the subject of install fests, there's an idea to possibly have one
for my LUG here in England, in September or October, distrowise though
it may be Mint as well for example, not just Mageia.  Maybe some Ubuntu
even, none of this has been decided yet, it's just an idea at the moment.

The guy who suggested having an install fest suggested Mint, even though
he uses Fedora, and so I was like Mageia is rather user friendly as well.

In fact some people would only want one distro really for a install
fest, but can probably get Mageia installed if there is going to be one
so :d, even if another distro or two is being installed as well.

Sebastian

P.S

The plan is for Marcom, artwork, and webteam, to merge into one team
quite soon, because of the lack of active people.