[Mageia-marketing] marcom + artwork + web => atelier ?

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:23:13 CEST 2012

Few things, but as always, sorry for the top post. I only have my phone.

The name is irrelevant, and it sounding like "magic" also,this was the
issues with the previous teams, to many fine details.

As for the leadership, I feel that each sub group should still have at
least a coordinator, but there is still an overall leader who is
responsible for the whole team. I nominate rda for this, with trish and max
being the respective chair people.

The wiki should still have sections devoted to each sub group, but
generally linked from the atelier page. This not only keeps it neat but
also reduces work.

The goals mga 3 should not be set high, having the core work that we need
to do done with time for testing/checking will most likely be enough to
keep us easily busy.

Finally, the implication that there are so few people in marcom and artwork
that actually do anything is getting really annoying, I for one have seen
many people, well 3 other than trish and seb working on the release texts,
and artwork has many people that work behind scenes, they just aren't so
vocal here but that doesn't mean that they don't work. While I realise that
the release has been tough and stressful on many people and mageia isnt the
only thing they need to deal with, but the in fighting and negative feel
that has appeared recently must stop if this team is to grow and work
together.

I like thw idea of no meetings and working on stuff yourself, but we must
keep people aware of what we are doing, artwork lost months because of this
with choosing the background.

On 11 Jun 2012 16:39, "Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Sebastian <sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com> wrote:
> Now imagine if I had ...
So say what you do in the project (shorter and to the point), not what
the title says.

> Also Mageia may be a French distribution really, but Mageia exists in a
tech
> world where people...
So what? It's a team _name_. "mageia" isn't English either. If _that_
keeps some people away, really, well, it's not a loss.