[Mageia-marketing] Mageia IRC cloaks

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Thu Mar 1 21:52:22 CET 2012

Hi Trish

As you know you asked me on IRC for more information about the IRC cloaks.

Mageia needs to be registered first on Freenode as a group. Whoever set
up the original Mageia channels such as #mageia and #mageia-dev has
hopefully probably already done this over a year ago.

Then once Mageia is officially registered with Freenode, a group contact
can do certain things such as asking the Freenode staff to give
contributors IRC cloaks.

I already knew about this, but my other email didn't explain how to do it.

Please bring this up in the council meeting as you suggested, and here
are links:

http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml

http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#groupregistration

http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#contents-groups