[Mageia-marketing] More on council representation

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Tue Mar 6 15:54:27 CET 2012

On 06/03/12 10:02, Patricia Fraser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wobo helped out with this link:
>
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Org
>
> So, we have one rep on the council, and we decide who that will be -
> normally it's the team lead, but it can be anyone. That's one vote on
> council for each team. Anyone can attend a council meeting - we just
> get one vote, and our nominated representative does the voting.
>
> The idea of lead/deputy is that we have coverage even if the lead
> person has to dip out temporarily - so I think it's good if we can have
> 2 people, because in the last 3 months I've been noticeably absent due
> to moving country. Hopefully that's going to improve from now on, but
> it's still good to have 2 people covering things.
>
> Cheers!

Oh ok one person for each position unless wobo is wrong.

I agree it's good to have a leader and a deputy leader to help each
other, but having two council representatives could be quite good to
have at times as well really.

In fact I was thinking about it earlier how at least in my experience
group things tend to have or may have two people for non leading positions.

Also at times a council representative can't easily attend a council
meeting, because of for example the time they are at in their time zone,
or can't attend it at all, because of being busy with something else. In
these kind of situations having two council representatives for a team
could be very useful. Even if the other representative is just a
substitute for when the main representative is not at the meeting. Or
even if the main representative does most of the representing in a
council meeting with the other as well.

As for the council mailing list I assume both representatives should be
sending emails to it if their are two.

Anyway it seems we will be voting for only one council representative
and so in that case my vote is for Trish or myself.

 From Sebastian sebsebseb