[Mageia-marketing] Proposal to merge with artwork

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Thu Mar 15 22:22:13 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 21:55, Josh King <josh at linuxpunks.com> wrote:
> On 03/15/2012 03:44 PM, Patricia Fraser wrote:
>> What does everyone think? I have worked with artwork quite a lot (it's
>> very important to marketing), so I wouldn't have any problem with it
>> personally - but everyone should have their say before we go ahead.

I wouldn't merge the teams per se (with their leads), but I would make
a default common channel of communication, both IRC and mailing-list.
So that communication/sync within teams is easier. But it's important
that both teams keep a separate seat at the Council.

> I think it makes sense to merge them. Maybe MArtCom team? ;-)

Oliver suggested martkomm :)

> Personally what I would really like to see is more community outreach type
> functions; getting users involved in more areas. Something like a planet for
> mageia users even might be a good start?

http://planet.mageia.org/en/ could be a start (we have other locales,
and we should upgrade the templates of it to make it more zine-like)

> Anyway, I've been kicking around
> some ideas and will put them up to the group once they've solidified.

Yes!

--
Romain d'Alverny
http://mageia.org/ board & council member