[Mageia-marketing] Regarding podcasts

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Tue Mar 20 02:44:30 CET 2012

Hello fellow team members :).

Last year I was on a podcast for my first time, towards the end of
September, when I went on one as a guest. It was a very general episode
mentioning  Mageia, Mandriva, Ubuntu, PC Linux OS, Gnome, KDE, and so
on, that was rather long, with some music in it as well. It was a
special episode that had been arranged with the hosts who I had already
known on IRC for about two years or so. The other host wasn't in the
episode.

This was before I had joined any official Mageia teams and was thinking
still about if I wanted to join any or not, such as marketing and QA.
However just like now I was around on IRC a lot then and had IRC
channels such as #mageia-uk and #mageia-social, and still got those now.
I was also messaging quite a lot about Mageia on Identica although
mainly to make sure that the news would show in the group (
http://identi.ca/group/mageia ) as well, but sometimes about Mageia with
people who were interested in it as well for example.

I had also on IRC talked to one of the Mageia founders about going on
the podcast with him at some stage a few times, and he agreed. This
hasn't happened yet, but may happen in the future.

Next time I go on this particular podcast I can go on as a proper
official Mageia marketing team representative :), and they will have me
on again no problem in the future :).

It had been in the plans for me to be on it as a guest, for quite a long
time before I did go on it. I have listened to all of their episodes so
far including the test episode. However it has been quite a while since
they last had one, because the other host is busy with other things a
lot at the moment.

I know someone from Identica who has a podcast where he mentioned Mageia
1 in his first and second episode for example a bit. He was going to
review it, but then Grub issues.

I asked him last week if I could go on it as a guest to talk about
Mageia and he suggested doing a pre recorded message for a 3rd of May
episode of his podcast.
http://identi.ca/notice/91893908 http://identi.ca/conversation/91624243

More recently he also does a podcast with someone who used to be on the
one I was a guest on, a lot for about a year or so. The one I went on as
a guest for my very first time on a podcast.

I asked him last week if I could go on his podcast and no problem. I
mentioned adding it to our WIKI, and he suggested mentioning it being
NSFW.  Not Safe For Work as in for example contains swearing sometimes.

if I am going to guest on it talking officially about Mageia I will
request that the episode is kept SFW Safe For Work first.

I guess it doesn't really matter if normally a podcast usually has
swearing in it for example, that I may later go on as an official Mageia
spokes person. When it comes to telling people about the episode, or in
the case of the WIKI about the podcast in general? Other than for
example probably mentioning something about the swearing? What are your
thoughts about this? What do you think?  This is the main reason for
this email message to find that out.

As for podcast contents when on them talking officially about Mageia,
what do you think should be mentioned?