[Mageia-marketing] A request

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Tue Mar 20 07:58:47 CET 2012

Hi folks,

Could I ask everyone please: don't top-post replies to the list?

As of today, I won't be doing it any more; I've always hated it, and
I'm done putting up with it; I'll be trimming your replies to me
ruthlessly and answering inline, and I'll explain why I'd like all of
the marcom team to follow suit.

What's wrong with top-posting?

 * It makes messages difficult to read when the answer comes before the
   question - this is important not only to the original poster and
   the responder, but to everyone else on the list. Not all of us are
   native English speakers; we have to be clear and keep the extra
   waffle to a minimum.

 * It means the top-poster is less likely to trim (this does matter.
   There are still many people around the world stuck on dialup with
   very low data quotas), and subsequent top-posters are then also less
   likely to trim;

 * It's going to be seen as rude on plenty of mailing lists, which is
   absolutely not how we want people to see Mageia's marketing reps.

Please post your replies in-line, underneath the point you're
replying to, and trim any parts of the original message(s) that you
aren't replying to.

Here's more info on the topic:

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htm
http://www.html-faq.com/etiquette/?toppost