[Mageia-marketing] Installer images

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Mar 26 19:21:31 CEST 2012

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012, Max Quarterpleen wrote:

> Alright people, it's time to start the discussion on the new installer
> images (or more accurately, continue from last week's meeting).
> A good jumping off point would be the texts.
> We have 5 texts, but some people mostly me) are unhappy with them. I think
> that there should be more of an emphasis on the unique qualities of Mageia
> rather than pointing out all of the things that we do just like any other

I would have texts about the following :

- Free Software : explain that Mageia is free software and what it means
  as new users may not know this
- Mageia Community : explain that Mageia is built by a community, and
  that people can join and help in different teams. List of teams and
  short description of what they do, etc ...
- Main Mageia features : control center, number of packages, main
  desktop environments available, etc ...