[Mageia-marketing] Installer images - clarity

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Wed Mar 28 11:05:22 CEST 2012

Guys, please:
 - use the Wiki to check in your progress and to provide answers:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Artwork_Installer here (updated in this
case to reflect your questions/answers). It makes for a more stable
reference;
 - use the list archives too to know where you stand. There has been
several discussions about the installer screens story and _contents_
and some about the format already. There already has been two series
of rendering through the artwork team, both have been rejected and we
need a new one by this week, unless we just cancel the installer
screens for this release.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 01:34, loqo <hoverflydesign at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 28/03/12 01:15, Max Quarterpleen wrote:
>> 3) The word count/limit per slide
>
> Depends on 2.

Depends on how it is actually rendered and it still keeps readable.

> With due respect, how can you paint a house until you build the walls?

Building software is not like building a house.

> It is pointless to come up with words without a proper format.

It is pointless to talk about format without the actual story to tell
first. Then, talk about the format.

> if we are being professional.

"being professional" is void of meaning and purpose. Call it "being
organized" if you want.

> If my help is not wanted, I'll step back quietly. Just let me know!

It's not that. It's that there has been some work already on the list
(that would benefit from being written/stored in the Wiki as an "in
progress" document), and starting all over again every week won't
help.